Talk about sweet: Summer has arrived! Yep, the veggies are growing in my garden, the strawberries are blossoming… and we’ve been eating fresh chives and kale.
If you need any encouragement to get outdoors, whether you’re gardening or not, here it is: Go outside!
Spending time in nature feels good and it’s great for your health. Research has shown that spending time in natural settings reduces cortisol (a stress hormone), lowers pulse rate and blood pressure, and increases immune function.
We want you nice and healthy so you can live your fullest, most vibrant life ever! So here are 10 ideas for you to enjoy the blessings of summer while you soak up the health benefits of nature.
10 ways to enjoy summer (while soaking up juicy health benefits)
- Take a stroll through a forest or wooded area. This is called “forest bathing” in Japan, where it’s become a popular therapeutic practice
- Garden. Get your hands in the earth. Plant something and help it grow
- Go barefoot. Feel the grass and earth under your feet
- Do a standing meditation next to a tree
- Take a bike ride on a woodsy path or country road
- Lay on the grass and watch the clouds drift by
- Head to the beach. Feel the sand under you. Enjoy a swim
- Roll up your pants and wade in a stream
- Have a picnic with your favorite friends and family members
- Watch the sunset across a lake, garden or field
11. Do tai chi outside
When I do tai chi outside, I like to let my senses drink in nature: Feeling the grass and earth beneath my feet, breathing in the blossom-scented earth-air, letting the breeze and the sunshine kiss my skin, hearing the songs of robins, cardinals and sparrows. I like to keep my gaze softly focused on my predominantly moving hand.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy summer? Leave a comment below.
Do you want to feel and look your very best… strong, balanced, flexible, relaxed, vibrant… at any age? Of course, you do! Sign up now for FREE updates delivered straight to your inbox. Click here!