Evergreen Fitness presents:
Are you stressed out?
If so, you’ve got plenty—and I mean PLENTY—of company! .
Millions and millions of people in America report feeling too stressed these days, especially because of health issues, money troubles, or worries about family or work.
Sure, some stress is normal and useful. .
But excess stress is NOT good. Sometimes, excess stress hits us on the head like a sledgehammer. You lose your job. Your significant other leaves. You get bad medical news.
Or stress can sneak up on us over time, slowly destroying our peace of mind, health and ability to fully enjoy living.
Excess stress gets to us, makes us feel crummy and act like less than we are. We might:
- Yell at the dog, slam the door, or say words we regret
- Get headaches or migraines
- Feel worried or crabby, drained, sick or down
- Feel muscle tension or pain in our neck, shoulders or elsewhere
- Function in a sleep-deprived haze because we almost never get a full night’s rest
- Strain our relationships with the people we love the most
Let’s face it: Being so stressed really sucks. And not just for you, but for your loved ones (including your dog).
Worse, excess stress is linked to a bazillion health and wellness issues that are stressful and depressing to read about! (I bet you agree with me.) Life is too short to add even more stress.
What would it be like to turn the tables on your stress?
How can you manage your stress so it doesn’t run (and ruin) your life?
Here’s what you’ll get from the Tai Chi for Stress Relief Workshop:
- Zero in the stress in your life so you know how to manage your stress and enjoy more from life
- Get 4-plus proven strategies to help you whip stress into submission
- Release stress from your body and mind (and improve your health) with the secrets of tai chi
- Walk away with 5 powerful tools you can use right away to zap excess stress
Stop stressing and start living your healthier, happier, calmer, saner life!
This is a hands-on workshop. Expect:
- Group discussion (don’t worry–you don’t have to chime in if you’d rather be quiet)
- Relaxation techniques
- Flowing tai chi movement
- Laughter and a sense of play
- A friendly setting
***** Tai Chi for Stress Relief Workshop *****
October 4, 2014
10 a.m. – noon
Evergreen Fitness Tai Chi
c/o Hwa Rang Do
5417 Nicollet Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55419
Register (Securely) Now – Only $40*
Space is limited – Reserve your seat now!
*If you’re a student with us, you qualify for a discount. Contact us at inf0@evergreen-fitness. com.
* * * * * * * * * * *
“I like Marie’s energy and humor. She makes tai chi about having fun and feeling good moving the body.”
–Henry Emmons, M.D. Author of The Chemistry of Calm
“Marie did a great job bringing her instruction to our patient’s level and encouraging him to engage in the process during a wellness promotion event. As an extra bonus, both of us providers that stayed for the session really felt relaxed and enjoyed participating!
–Jessie Ovans, PT, DPT Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota
* * * * * * * * * * *
Still not sure if the Tai Chi for Stress Relief Workshop is for you? Read on to find out!
This workshop MAY be for you if…
- You find yourself stressed out on a regular basis and want to start enjoying life more now
- You recognize that excess stress can take a nasty toll on your health and well being. This may include high blood pressure, headaches, migraines, muscle tension, fatigue, sleep problems, anxiety, feeling down, frayed nerves and strained relationships
- You understand that excess stress doesn’t magically “go away” after the workshop (alas!), but that you’ll walk away time-tested tools to reduce and manage the stress in your life
- You’re fine with a hands-on workshop: discussion, interaction and movement
- You are willing to try tai chi and and other relaxation techniques
- You are okay attending a workshop held in room that’s part of an occasionally noisy martial arts studio
- You enjoy learning in a friendly, supportive setting
- You like humor, laughter and a sense of lightness
- If you have a medical condition, your doctor has given you the “okay” to do tai chi
- You like the fact that doing tai chi also helps improve overall health, builds strength and flexibility, sharpens balance, and can foster a sense of community
- You are able to sit or stand. (The class involves standing postures. You may stay seated or take a seat if that’s better for you.)
- You are new to tai chi, an intermediate or an advanced practitioner. You are welcome here!
This workshop may NOT be for you if…
- You are opposed to experimenting tai chi and other relaxation techniques
- You prefer serious, humor-free settings and instructors
- You like settings where the instructor does all the talking and you sit back and watch
- You’re looking for a “magic cure-all” to banish all your stress forever
- You suspect the occasional noise of the martial arts people practicing in the room next door will bother you
- You have a medical condition and your physician says “No” to your doing tai chi.
- You are so stressed that you need immediate help. Contact your doctor or call 9-1-1
* * * * * * * * * * *
Register now for Tai Chi for Stress Relief Workshop and open the door to living more fully!
* * * * * * * * * * *
Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve never done tai chi. Is that okay for your workshop?
This workshop is for all levels. You don’t need to know beans about tai chi. Even if you do, please put that aside and come with a beginner’s mind.
I usually spend Saturday mornings cleaning. Consider this cleaning–washing away stress and tension from your mind, heart and body. And you’ll walk away with tools you can use right away to cleanse yourself of excess stress.
I want to spend Saturday mornings with my significant other or friends.
Great! Have him/her/them take the workshop with you. You’ll have fun and learn together.
What if my schedule changes and I can’t attend?
Your workshop purchase is non-refundable, but fully transferable. If you can’t participate, give your session to a friend.
What should I wear to the workshop?
Wear comfortable clothing you can move in. (Athletic clothing fine, but not required.) Carry in clean athletic shoes to wear. Or wear socks or go barefoot.
What should I bring? Bring a water bottle; you can fill it here. If you like writing things down, bring a notebook and pen. Come with open mind and a ready smile (if that feels natural).
Who is leading the workshop?
Marie Overfors will lead the workshop. Marie is a tai chi instructor, certified yoga teacher, speaker and founder of Evergreen Fitness Tai Chi. She is passionate about helping you feel and look your best—strong, balanced, flexible, relaxed—at any age. Marie is looking forward to seeing you at the workshop!
What if I don’t like the workshop? We aim to satisfy. Before you even think about registering, scroll up and read these sections: “This workshop MAY be for you if…” and “This workshop may NOT be for you if…” That should help you decide about attending. If you attend and are not satisfied with the workshop, we will refund your registration fee.
Who do I contact for more information?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you quickly! Or call 952-388-8734.