How to Prepare for Class
Welcome to your tai chi class! Thought you might appreciate a few details about how to prepare for class.
What to wear
- Wear athletic or other comfortable clothes you can move in.
- Carry in clean gym shoes to change into for class. We like the snow and sand outside, not on the studio floor! If you prefer you can…
- Go barefoot, which is what Marie does. You can also practice in socks if they’re not slippery.
- Feel free to wear a smile, if that feels comfortable and right.
When to arrive
- Plan to arrive about 10 minutes early for first visit. This is so we can meet you and so you can complete the usual paperwork. It’s nice have a few moments to get settled into the space and ready for class.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early if you’ve been here before. This is so we can say “hi” and check you in!
Bring your own water bottle.
- Come hydrated. Just makes sense.
- Turn your phone to silent or turn it off. When it comes to phones during tai chi class, silence is bliss.
That’s it! Looking forward to seeing you in class soon.
By the way, be sure to check out the awesome benefits of tai chi.